Renewable Energy Development on Tribal Lands
February 4-5, 2016 :: Anaheim, CA
As a supporting organization of EUCI’s upcoming Renewable Energy Development on Tribal Lands and a scheduled speaker, Prosper Sustainably would like to extend a 10% discount* off the registration price to you and your colleagues.
Use Discount Code: TRSPS
Building a project on tribal or Indian country lands is not a traditional development process, and presents legal and cultural complexities that require special consideration and due diligence. This conference will engage attendees in discussions with multiple governmental and tribal organizations, as well as tribal and Indian country project developers, to try to understand and learn from these unique challenges. Case studies of practitioners who have been involved in these types of projects—both in large utility-scale and smaller, distributed generation—will be showcased to highlight the considerable range in variety, scale and application these projects have, and to demonstrate how each tribal community has unique needs and visions for the project that must be mindfully addressed prior to, during, and throughout the entire development life cycle.
- Examine key considerations when designing tribal projects to improve feasibility
- Tribal community economic development
- Taking advantage of grants and energy marketplace trends
- Grid access considerations/making generation available to the market
- Assess risks/opportunities of active vs. passive tribal participation in energy transactions
- Gain awareness of how to structure an accurate financial energy development model
- Identify unique legal issues that arise when doing business in Indian country
- Describe current legislation and policy
- Examine best strategies for optimizing success on the development path
- Recognize cultural complexities of tribal engagement and practical tips for successful business transactions
- Gain awareness of special land considerations, customs and land use practices
- Examine technology, installation and equipment development considerations
- Review challenges and successes of utility-scale tribal project case studies
- Examine tribal distributed generation project case studies
- Identify Tribal energy feasibility initiatives for geothermal and hydro
To learn more or register, please click here.